Saturday, November 10, 2007

Taking a Sad Call

Well it is Saturday and I am at work today. This morning I took an unusual call from a man that needed help with getting a cat out of a tree at his house. It started a few days ago when his wife noticed a young cat in their tree. They tried for 2 days to get the cat out by putting out food. But when this didn't work she called a local vet. The vet told her that if the cat is young it might not know how to come down. And instead the cat had just went higher in the tree. Thursday this lady sent her husband to the store and while he was gone this lady got on her roof to retrieve the cat. When her husband returned from the store he found that she had fallen from the roof. Before the ambulance took her away the last words he has heard her say in days was for him to promise to get the cat out of the tree. She is still in ICU on a respirator. This poor man has been trying to find someone to help him get the cat from the tree that has now moved up about 50 foot. The local sheriff dept. and fire dept. just basically laughed at him. I unfortunately can't help him out. I am just an employee working trying to follow the rules and there was noway I could have sent a boomer truck out on the weekend without lights out calls. I did tell him that I would be praying for his wife. We have weird calls all the time but I have never gotten anything like this. I didn't really know what else I could do for him. It was really sad listening to him.
I wrote up a letter and faxed it to the news room at the local stations and tried to call the paper.

If you would please join in prayer with me her name is Charlene.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sad!!! The poor man could lose his wife and here he is trying to find someone to get the damn cat out of the tree!! I hope she comes through ok....and the cat too I guess!