Monday, November 5, 2007

How was your hunting trip Dear?

So hunting Deer in Texas is a big thing, and this past weekend was opening weekend. This is usually the time of the year that the husbands are gone just about every weekend for this "sport". And if they are lucky they will get a great shot of the "Big Buck". Something to show for all their time away from home and money. But if you are like my husband sometime the luck of the "Big Buck" goes bad!



Chris left for the weekend hunt just after work Friday evening.
Stopped by Wal-mart to get a license, food and what ever else men take with them on a weekend hunting trip. I am not too sure how much that cost, but I am sure it was around $75.

The weekend didn't go as planned. Saturday morning hunt was nothing great. He saw a Doe, but couldn't shoot it, and could hear a turkey but couldn't find it. That afternoon while out riding the 4 wheelers with his 2 cousins and another guy, this is what he got.










3 tickets from the Federal Game Warden. Totalling $425


So after dealing with all that, they were not able to make that evening hunt. Sunday morning Chris got up early to head home. Bad luck weekend would not stop with the tickets, this is what happens when you load a 4wheeler without front brakes into the back of a 2 1/2 month old truck.


Back Glass window replacement totalling $255.00 YIKES!

Oh the wife is going to love me now!

Oh and wait it isn't over yet.......

unfortunately I don't have a picture of this but in trying to clean up the glass before he left the camp he sliced his thumb open. They wrapped it up in paper towels and duct tape. Thanks Guys if the thumb rots off he can't blame me! He really should have gone to get stitches but he would not go. I bet it could have used about 5-7 of them. But now I had to put on the Nursing Hat and Clean it up when he got home!

Hunting trip total was est. at $800. and not one deer. Better luck next time right.

After all we have been through lately I was proud of myself for not flying off the handle.

I would like to know when this is going to be over? Please Lord lift this cloud of bad luck. Please, give us a rest!

No comments: