I had the Thanksgiving holidays all planned out. Lauren and I are leaving Tuesday afternoon for The Houston Thanksgiving Day Parade. We will be there all week long and there was no sense in coming home Friday to turn right back on Sunday morning to go to get Dustin from his dad's house. So I price lined a room near there for Friday & Saturday night. They were suppose to go to Lake Tahoe for the week but for some reason that trip was cancelled. Any how, Chris and the boys will be at his parents for Thursday and leave Friday morning to go to Mississippi for the weekend. He wants to take the boys to the USM home game on Saturday. So everyone was going their different directions for the holiday. Which honestly is not me to plan something like that but Lauren had the opportunity to be in the Parade with the UCA All Star Team and she wanted to do it. The trip alone cost $1214.00 for the both of us and it is non-refundable. So we are both going regardless of what happens. But now is the dilemma of H.S. Football Playoffs. We play Saturday and I really think there is a good chance of us winning considering we have already played and won against this team this year. Sorry Jen. But if they do win that means that they will play again next weekend and will have practice all week. So now Dustin will be making a change of plans. The only problem is we have to wait til Sat. to see what they will be.
This is the part that drives me crazy. I can't stand to have every thing lined out and then something or someone throw a wrench into my stuff.
Since I have already price lined and paid for my nonrefundable hotel room for 2 nights, will be out that money and will be coming back home from Houston on Friday. We will be going probably a few hours away for the game on Saturday and who knows where Dustin will get to eat a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday. Poor guy! He told me last night, that it didn't matter if he was home by himself, He even said he would cook for himself....... so sad. He doesn't want to intrude on any of his friends for their family time traditions. Although I am sure there are plenty that would love to have him.. There is noway he can go with me and he doesn't want to go down to Chris's parents cause then he will be missing practice that day.
Oh Why do things have to get messed up after I have put so much time and thought into it.
Well one thing I have learned is this is not my plans for things, it is Gods planning and timing. He knows the whole picture. He knows what all is going to be going on and happening. I don't, we all don't. It is God's wrench that gets thrown into my plans. That is the problem a lot of the time. We have our plans made and totally forgot to consult God on them. The Lord has it all lined out for next week already. I will just have to go with the flow and deal with it. I will be posting about our trip on Monday and then when we get home. Since I don't have a laptop. Unless I can use a PC at the Hotel.
Friday, November 16, 2007
God threw a Monkey Wrench
Words of Encouragement By ~Amy~
Labels: cheerleading, Christian, Family, holiday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























No comments:
Post a Comment