Monday, October 1, 2007

Just a little ramble

Friday Night was a blow out for our Football team. We won 21-6 to our rivals. We are now 4 & 0. We are so excited. We, being the town and school. I didn't go to the game but Chris, Dustin and Wes did. They said it was a great game. We lost another player though, He broke his ankle. That is 6 players we have lost this season to injuries. Too bad Dustin is not released to play, he would have a good shot at being 1st string. (He goes to the Dr. Thrus. Hopefully to get released)
My weekend was pretty dull. I didn't do much of anything. Cleaned a bit on Saturday and spend the day with Lane. Pretty much all weekend with him. He stayed home with me on Friday night and all day Saturday too. Every one went to the the race track on Saturday except for me and Lane. But that is typical. They all go out there and I stay home with Lane. Then being that my DH has to shut down the track, it is wee hours of the morning before they get home. This is really getting to me though. Not that they go out there but the fact that he stays out there all day and most of the night. That means that no one wants to get up for Church on Sundays. I would like to go as a family but that hasn't happened but 2 times since the summer started back in June. I have really been praying about this to change. Like this Sunday I left for Church at 9am and everyone was still sleeping because they didn't go to bed til after 4 am. and when i got home at 12:30 they were still sleeping with the exception of Lane and Wes. When i had to leave again at 3:30 to go back for the evening bible study they were still sleeping. What a wasted day!
I go to church and pray for my family, mostly Chris, when I come home I have great intentions of talking with him about this but most of the time he is either still sleeping or so pissed off because he is tired and the kids are on his nerves. I really need to confront this issue.
I, on a good note, had a great day at church. We had our first study yesterday evening and I am the leader. I was really nervous! I thought for a bit that i was going to throw up but I didn't and I was sweating through out the first half of the lesson. Nevertheless it went really well. I enjoyed it too. We aren't going to meet this next week since I will be making the dreaded trip to get Dustin and Lauren from their dad's house. I absolutely hate that drive. It is so long in the car for one day. Straight there and Back, stop for gas and dinner but that is it. 11 hours in the car makes my butt go numb! At least I won't make it again til Thanksgiving weekend.
Ok off my soap box . Not too much going on right now So I will post it again tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris needs slapped upside the head! LOL!

Caroline said...

My thoughts exactly!! I guess I must be spoiled with a husband that helps with the kids and most anything I ask him too. But you have to voice what you want and need. It's good to turn to God, but you have to be able to turn to Chris so you don't grow apart. A good marriage is a blessing, but you have to be willing to work hard at it. Both people have to work at it. That means talking. You talk to God. Talk to Chris Amy. These women that say their husband is perfect are full of it. Todd is a good man, but he ain't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, and neither am I. But we accept that in eachother and we're both willing to work at our marriage. He is the first person I tell anything to and he calls me from work everyday to tell me something. There's always hope if you're willing to put in the time and get dirty. Most of the time things will get worse before they get better, but if you love eachother they WILL get better. Okay off MY soapbox. I love you and wish you all the best.