Friday, August 15, 2008

Marriage Testimony

"Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams." Acts 2:17b

November 11, 1996
Today I saw a vision from God. I went to use the restroom and as I was in there I was suddenly an onlooker at a wedding. I was against the wall in the middle all the way to the right of South Park Baptist Church. It was beautifully decorated, the church was full of people. The Groom was at the alter and the Bride was at the rear of the church; waiting to walk the aisle to her Groom. It was Chris and I. I was in a beautiful wedding gown. I was only there for less than a minute, but that is all it took for my question to be answered. Chris and I were to be husband and wife. I cried at what I had just experienced and praised God for sharing it with me.......
Chris was to come over that evening and I couldn't wait for him to get there. I wasn't sure how I was going to share with him what had happened. While we were sitting at the table eating dinner he told me that we were getting married. And I replied with "Yes, I know that we are getting married." "No, I mean I know that we are going to be married" he says. To his surprise I came back with the same comment...... So he asked me how do you know? That is when I told him what I had experienced and he just sat there in total amazement. Not because he didn't believe me or anything, but within the same hour the Lord had shared with him the same thing.... Just in a different way. He shared with me that while in the shower that evening he all the sudden was looking over the shoulder of a person reading the newspaper. Chris was able to read our wedding announcement.
It was something that neither of us had experienced before and we had been praying for God to show us what our future would hold for us as a couple. He answered that question for us that day.
We have not had an "easy" marriage. I know that God put us together and we have something to hold on to when we get weak in our marriage. I truly believe that we sometimes have to work harder to stand in our promise to each other and to God because of what he showed us 2 years before we were married.

This summer we celebrated our 10 year anniversary and I pray for many more blessed years with him.

post signature

3 comments:

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Ohh Amy....thank you for sharing your heart and the vision that God gave both you and your husband. Promises from God. They are so sweet, so real....so concrete. I don't think any marriage is "easy." But when God is in the center....is is a little "easier."

"Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate."
Matt. 19:6

Happy 10th anniversary-

In Christ's love-Stacy

Melanie said...

Wow! How beautiful it is when God gives us such clear messages of His plans for us.

I pray you and Chris have many, many blessed years together!

Theresa said...

Thank you, again. Your posts are so appropriate at the time when I need to read those words.

Love Theresa