Monday, December 31, 2007

enjoying family time

I had a really good weekend with my Husband and the boys. We went Friday night after work and met Chris's cousin Shaun and his wife Candace out to eat. Then we went to their house and spent the night. The boys played the PlayStation and the guys hung out by a fire. We got up the next morning to Candace cooking us a nice breakfast. After we ate and got ready for the day we headed out side to their pond to shoot skeet. We spent the whole day out there. It was alot of fun and the boys had a really good time. We cooked out and built a fire. I even shot some skeet and Chris was happy. I don't really care to shoot but that made his day. We left that evening to head back home. I went to bed early to be sure I woke up in time for Sunday School. And I did. I truly enjoyed the lesson. It really made me think about how I want to be remembered when I do part from this life. The worship service and sermon was wonderful too. Again I was pondering on things in my life and the Lord laid somethings on me. A great day at church! After I got home I didn't do much of anything but rest. I did make some Chicken and Dumplings for dinner, washed a few loads of clothes but that was about it. I have been so busy lately I just needed some down time. Tonight we are going to bring in the New Year at BIL house with friends and family. Fireworks and a bonfire, food and fun.
Here are some pictures from this weekend:

1 comment:

Rick said...

Fire it up - looks like fun.

I've been visiting the blog of those that have posted on mine because I'm having a little give-way over at my blog to celebrate one year of blogging - no gimicks - just some fun.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/