Monday, December 3, 2007

weekend update

I have so much to talk about today so forgive me if I jump around on topics.

First, We had an appt. Friday for Lane to go over his evaluation forms I sent in a couple of months ago. Right now he is a little too young to correctly diagnosis him but there is definitely something going on. Hello? I have been saying that for over 2 years. Anyway at this point we are going to keep a close watch and are leaning to Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), Aggressive Behavior, or Bipolar Disorder or could be a combination of all. We are going to treat him with a mild medication for 2 weeks and see what happens. I had a really hard time talking with the Dr. I broke down, even though I was praying I wouldn't. I have been dealing with this for so long that it has really gotten me broken inside and it hurts. I am at my wits end. Just don't know what else to do. With him starting school this coming year, it really scares me.

After leaving the Dr. we headed to College Station for the playoff game that night. Well we lost. 35-14. It was sad and the guys were upset but it is over for this season. I look at it like this, now I can put the $$ I was spending in tickets, gas, and food to go to these games to my Christmas presents I still have to get. Speaking of which I have only bought a couple of items. Still have no idea if Santa is going to be able to afford the motorcycle and four wheeler that the boys want. We'll be getting that at the last minute.

Saturday night was Lauren's birthday party and it went well. We had about 20 kids there. Which is better for me than the almost 50 she invited. We turned the shop into a dance room. Disco ball, neon black lights, and a strobe light. And of course there had to be an injury just glad it was one of me kids and not someone elses. Dustin was dancing around and fell. Busted his chin up, chipped a tooth and jammed his jaw. He is going to be fine, but I tell ya that kid has had one heck of a school year. The rest of the party went without injury, TTL.

Sunday was a very lazy day. I slept til 11:30. That is when everyone started calling to wish Lauren Happy Birthday. She is 14. Wow. Time sure has flown by. I slept a while in the late afternoon too, since I had to go into work at 9pm. Didn't get much rest at work last night, only about an hour. And it is going to be a long day today.

Chris leaves Wednesday night for a 4 day hunting trip with his dad. I sure hope he brings home a couple of deer and even a hog would be nice. He really needs to make up for what he lost out on opening weekend. His dad killed 2 deer and a hog there last year. And they have had some good kills this season already.

No comments: