Monday, December 10, 2007

Going Home At Last.

I worked all day Saturday and I wasn't really busy. I had full intentions on blogging but I got caught up in some of the blogs I read every week. I was visiting and reading Kadi Prescott's blog at Seven Seeds and was drawn to a post she had. I then linked over to Boothe Farley's Blog Keeping Awake. I read the entire blog site from June til now. I was so wrapped up in it I just couldn't stop. They have recently lost their second daughter to a uncommon chromosomal abnormality, Trisomy-18 (or Edward's syndrome). It really made me look at my life with 4 healthy children and how selfish I can be. Also just how much I take for granted and then the self pity I have when my children aren't behaving just the way I want them too. Boy If you need a good reality check or just a really good cry I would suggest checking it out.
On another note I did get some shopping done on Sunday. Not all but some. Chris came home from his hunting trip with his dad also. He only got a hog no deer. It was just too hot he said. Either way he had a great time. Upon their return he found out that his Grandpa was not doing well at all. He had slipped into a coma and the nursing home had called in Hospis. I told Chris last night that it would not be much longer. And sure enough this morning before 6am we got the call. The most Godliest man I have ever known went to be with Jesus. When I woke Chris up this morning the only thing he said about it was "Well I know he is happy now, and he (Asa) has waited for this his whole life." Not sure of the funeral arrangements yet. I am sure that most of it is all taken care of and that it will just be a matter of the availability for the services.
I know that this week will be rough on Chris. He is going today to except his new job offer and find out when he can start. Then he has the tough duty of telling his boss now. He will try everything to keep him but our minds are made up. We have brought this to the Lord many times and this is what we feel he is leading us to do. Pray for our family this week for comfort and peace as week go through this tough time with a job change and the death of Asa Tatum, Chris's Grandpa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whats up with Chris taking another job? Why arent you answering any of my emails lately??