Thursday, July 10, 2008

Stand firm the Battle isn't yours.

One of my favorite bible teachers is Beth Moore and I love to watch her on Life Today. As I was watching last night I really got a word from her. Her lesson was tittled "What to do when you don't know what to do?" Hello that is so for me. So I really tuned it to what she was saying. She was reading from 2 Chronicles 20:15 (NIV)

15 He said: "Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. 16 Tomorrow march down against them. They will be climbing up by the Pass of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the gorge in the Desert of Jeruel. 17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.' "


My goodness I am so fleshly that I try to take on my battles by myself all the time. Of course I fail miserable.
She also shared:
When we're in a fierce Battle, we are going to have to:
1. Bring our complaint before God
2. Gather a group for support Prayer
3. Cease complaining and Start Praising

There is Power in Praise. Praise is a weapon in our warfare.
The more we make our complaint to "people" and the more we talk defeat the more we are convinced of defeat.
I have a huge battle with this alone. I am a people person and I love to talk. I have a problem with telling too many people my problems. I run to them for advice, direction, encouragement, etc. And long after that is when I share my heart with the Lord. I have it all backwards so to speak. I am to bring it to him first, lay it at his feet and be done with it.
Bring my complaints, problems, burdens, hurts, fears, worries, etc to him. Stand firm in my battle, while he is fighting it for me, and give him all the praise for it.

Beth also shared this that really hit me, "We are going to Most Believe, What we Most Rehearse."
Faith comes by hearing, you are keeping the battle for yourself, not realizing the battle is the LORD'S.
Quit Rehearsing Disaster!

Oh I am so guilty of this.
Instead of continuing to talk about the issues with others, after I have talked to the Father about it, start then by giving him the praise for it's outcome.
Now I may not like what the out come is but the bible says it is for our good. He will not forsake us.
Psalm 9:10 "Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you."

This is something that I will have to bring to him in Prayer daily. For I am weak but he is strong. I can't do it all on my own but through Him I can. Philippians 4:13 says "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

"Father help me to realize that it is your battle, not mine. Teach me to come to you in everything and to stop complaining to others about my problems. Lord, show me some Godly, trustworthy people in my life that I can go to for support Prayer. But not to get caught up in rehearsing my defeat with them. Give me daily reminders of your grace and thank you for your mercies everyday." Amen

post signature

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Amy, This post is something I needed tonight. I, so many times, run to others BEFORE running to God. I seem to get it backwards over and over again. Thanks for a great reminder to go to God FIRST.

Have a great weekend!