Monday, July 21, 2008

are you broken?

I picked up Dustin and Lauren about 2:30 on Friday from the church after they arrived home from church camp. On our ride home I could already tell of the work the Lord did at camp. I had to drop them off at the house and go back to work. I was excited to get off work and get home to hear all the stories they had. It was awesome. The Lord did a wondrous work all week long with almost 1000 kids. There were close to 20 churches and our church brought close to 100 teens. From our church there were 11 that excepted Christ as their personal Savior and 8 that Surrendered their lives to Ministry. My kids were both moved and convicted.

Friday after work we spent a few hours just talking and crying and laughing. We all sat and studied the bible together. It felt so great. This is something that I have been wanting to do and we all made a pack to do this together. I was in awe over the work that was done in Dustin's heart. He was so sincere.

Sunday morning at church, we watched a video of the pictures from camp and the youth/counselors got up and gave testimonies. I cried like a baby through out the entire service. The testimonies were so moving, to hear how the Lord worked in some of those kids lives.

We only had a short devotion for services afterwards. It was over 1 Samuel 15. "What is there in your life that you need to kill, that needs to die?" God wants "all" of us not just part of us. We need to give him whatever we are holding on to that is hindering our live with The Lord. It is time for us all to stand up, give him what is holding us back and give our lives to him.

During the alter call I was the first one to the alter. I was broken. I just cried and poured my heart out to him. I was sobbing in front of my Lord, because he broke me down today. There is some habitual sins in my life that I have yet to give to him even though he has been working on me about them for a while now. I laid it down at his feet and begged for his mercy on it.

I have had this apart of my life for 22 years and just this week I prayed for the first time for the Lord to take away the desire. I have been praying about it this week but I gave it to the Lord at his alter Sunday Morning. It is going to be hard and the devil will make it really difficult but this is something that I not only need to repent of the sin of it but also for my health and my family.

We have been praying for revival at our church and I think we saw the beginnings of it. Men, women and kids all broken. We were in church for an hour past what we usually are. But no one seemed to care. It was so awesome.

Our pastor is ill right now. Please pray for his health. It is serious and they (the Drs) aren't quite sure what the cause is. So at the end of the service we all held hand and prayed for him and we were also asked to Fast for him today. He has been at our Church for over 20 years.


All day I have just been on high for Jesus. It has been a long time since I felt this way.

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures from Camp.

















post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always loved camp; haven't been to one in ages.

Hugs and prayers!

jeleasure said...

Very nice, Amy.
I think parenting is a fearful and wonderful experience. Parents, such as yourself care and nurture your children. Then there comes a time, such as now, where your children are going to begin to make decissions that you will not be a part of. And, you hope in the Lord they make the right ones.
So, your excitement is an anticipation that they will be able to tell you that the Lord worked in their lives. And they have apparently told you this. Amen.

What ever your struggle, I will pray for you. My wife, whom is away on business blogs on occassion. I know that she will pray with you, as well. She may blog while she is away. If she does, expect a visit from her.

About your Pastor, I will pray for him. With that, I just want to encourage you with a testimony.
I will be brief.
I have a condition called, Multi Focal Motor Neuropathy. The nervs die and cause muscle loss. The Doctors do not know what caused it. They just gave the diagnosis based on the symptoms, which is the title of my illness. Multi focal (meaning: throughout) Neuropathy (Neuro Illness). To treat it, they took a shot in the dark. They gave me "T-cells". I don't know whose, or how they got them. But, these "T-cells" belonged to people who have/had the same symptoms. It worked. I have lasting effects. However, I have been in remission for five years.
So, my prayer for your Pastor is ofcourse that The Lord would work a miracle. If He chooses another way, I pray for wisdom and understanding for the doctors.
Sorry to be so long.
The blog I work on regularly is, "Journaling For Growth" at http://deityquest-jeleasure.blogspot.com/ I started this one to support traffic to my manuscript. It is called, "Love One Another" at http://deityquest.blogspot.com/

They are linked, so, if you choose to enter through the shorter address, you will be able to access by clicking on my link.

O.K., I'm going to add your blog to my list on all three pages.
Sorry to have been so long winded.
Jim

jeleasure said...

Hi Amy,
O.K.. You are linked to all three pages.
I'll be talking to you. Expect, traffic from Russ at "TheKingPin68" or "Satire and Theologie". Also, from Jeff at "Thoughts and Theology".
We will be talking to you.
Jim

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Hi Amy,

Jim sent me over.

Russ:)

Chel said...

Hi Amy, (again) I found you by searching women's ministry and I was drawn to your site, we have a kindred desire here. I will pray for you, your church, and the plans He has for you and your family. I know HE will equip you!
~Chel

Sheryl said...

Wow, where have I been? I missed this post somehow. It is hard, going through the breaking process with the Lord, but oh what freedom awaits. I will be praying for you. If you ever want to email I would love to share some of my own "breaking" with you. Habitual sin is an awful stronghold.

Love the pictures of your kids. They sure are cute!!!!

Sheryl