Saturday, July 12, 2008

Prepared for my time with Him

Last Month I enter a contest over at the Internet Cafe for all of this:

A Basket Filled to the BRIM, you might say overflowing,with all you need for your own "Quiet Time" with the Lord.
The "Time with the Lord" basket includes:
Women of the Bible Devotional by Ann Spangler
Mocha with Max by Max Lucado
Fruit of the Spirit pamphlet by Rose Publishing
Handmade Journal for your quiet time thoughts
Beaded Silver Cross Bookmark
Pomegranate candle to help set a 'quiet mood'
assorted Scripture Cards and 9 "Forever Postage Stamps"(to send to those you pray for during quiet time)
3 handmade silhouette cards for sending or framing
4 colored pencils for highlighting
Clear Tumbler with single packets of lemonade and raspberry lemonade mixes for a quiet time refreshment and 2 Caribou Coffee bars
Jumbo Sticky Notes, a Believe Magnet for inspiration and a silk flower to bring serenity to your space.


I, like most women, love to get some goodies for Free. So with that in mind I entered it and can you believe I won. I got an email last weekend telling me I had won this basket full of goodies. I have to say I was so excited I about wet my pants. Ok not so much that but I was so elated that I felt like a little kid at Christmas.

Yesterday I got the big box and as I was unpacking it I just kept say "God, You are so good to me, Thank you Lord."

Yes this did come as a result from winning a contest from one of the best sites on the Internet but it is a gift from the Lord. He has been calling me to morning quiet time with him. Our time together is usually in the evening because of my schedule. He has been nudging me for a long time to have fellowship with Him first thing in the morning. I see this gift from the Cafe as a supply from the Lord to make my space ready to meet with him. He has prepared the space for us to meet, now all that is missing is Me.

I am so ready to dig in to the word and meet with him now. Thanks to Lori M. and Amy B. over at The Cafe for all your thought, time and money that went to this Sweet basket. But a very Special Thank you to my Lord, You are so sweet and patient with me. Thank you for this reminder of how you are ready and waiting on me to share my time with you.

post signature

5 comments:

lori said...

Amy....
I was just looking at the receipt this morning, thinking..she should be getting this..Oh, I hope it blesses her!! I'm using the Women of the Bible Devo myself and I'll tell you it's awesome!!

Enjoy the quiet time...GOD is GOOD ALL the TIME! He is waiting for you to join Him!!
I'm so happy to read this post! ENJOY it all!!!
congratulations!!!
It's OUR pleasure to unite women of faith!!

peace!
lori

Joyfulsister said...

Wow that is a beautiful basket to recieve, The book about Women of the Bible is awesome I have that book and I love going through and reading about each woman. Congrats on your win. You have a beautiful Blog. I enjoyed my visit. Aloha Lorie

jeleasure said...

Amy,
Very nice. I just wanted to sit and listen to the music for awhile before I posted a comment.
I found you via BlogRush widgets at your other page.
Congradulations on winning. And have fun with your goodies and your time with The Lord.
I like your blog content very much. I have a lot of traffic but I limit my selection of bloggers to link with.
Your page looks responsible and is Christian. I would like to ask if you want to link our pages.
I have three blog pages. I am active on only one of them, however, the other two have readers. My other two blogs are for my manuscript.
Take a look at what I am doing. "Love One Another" is my manuscript. It is found at http://deityquest.blogspot.com/

"Journaling For Growth" is found at http://deityquest-jeleasure.blogspot.com/

I would really like to know how you managed to have random Christian songs on your blog for readers to listen to as they read. Would you please offer that information to me? Thanks
Jim

Amico Dio said...

Amy,

I am so glad that you are enjoying the basket!

We prayed that the right person would win and it looks like you are her! I pray that God blesses you through it. We look forward to seeing you more at the Cafe!

Sheryl said...

wow, how fun! let me say i am a wee bit jealous, but i'll confess that and get on with my day. i'm sure God will be blessing you as you spend time with Him.

-sheryl