I have spent the last week and a half in a lot of prayer and searching the internet. There is so much out there for post abortive women. I am continuing to pray for the direction the Lord wants me to go in this ministry. I am also doing my part by investigating a few possible avenues. One area I am checking on is getting some leadership training for Pat Layton's Bible Study, Surrendering the Secret. There is a training day in Jan. that I am interested in going to, followed by her speaking at a women's conference. The other one is Healing Hearts Ministry. The first step with them is completing their Bible study and since there is not a leader near me, I am doing it on line at Healing Hearts. I started it this weekend and my goodness it really digs deep inside and stirs around those feelings. I have not thought about those details in a long time. Some of them are gone because God has protected me from them. Then you have to go through interviewing and also training. It is alot of work, but for a good reason. And all the leaders have to be post abortive. I am really excited about it all.
I also was asked to be praying about speaking at another church. I work with a pastor and he said he would be delighted to have me speak to the women at his church. We are praying for that too. Thank you all whom have been praying for me.
























7 comments:
Good for you! May the Lord point you in the right direction. May He lead you and guide you. May He work all the details out. May you know you are in the center of His will! Have a great week!
Praise God - what satan meant for evil, God is using for good. You are living out Romans 8:28. I too had this experience as a teen (I wrote about it in my Choose Life series, title is "Prelude to Choose Life") and it took me a long time to deal and finally heal. I pray the Lord uses you mightily to bring healing to others in this situation. As you well know, there are so many. Bless you, my friend!
Amy-
How exciting as God opens the doors...we just had a woman in our church finish the Healing Hearts training and she is beginning it in our church. She had shared some of it with me. I'm sure God will speak through you to so many hurting and broken women....He'll do all the work and give you each word at the right time. Will be praying for you as God leads.
Love in Christ,
Stacy
Wow, Amy.. what a special ministry. Our church has recently started something similar. I'll be praying for you as you continue to pursue this calling from God.
Our church has a wonderful ministry to woman who are going through this pain. It is wonderful that you are reaching out to others. I will be praying for you.
We would appreciate it if you would pray for our daughter, Abby.
Amy,
Before I got invloved in the abortion recovery ministry,I was volunteering at a CPC just answering phones.I'm now the program corrdinator and God has done amazing things.
I'm so glad I listened and acted on God's calling ...you will be too.
Praying for you,
Tammy
Girl, God has a great plan for your life! We all have "secrets" from our past, and as we bring them to the light, we give others permission to expose their secrets as well. This brings healing in those areas, and the enemy isn't able to hang onto them anymore.
Heavenly Father, I pray that you would give Amy direction as she seeks to do Your will. May you open the doors that need to be opened and show her each step of the way. Lord, sometimes, we want to jump ahead of You because of our excitement of what You are calling us to. Let her stay beside You and not in front of You. Protect her destiny and ministry You have planned for her. In Jesus' name, Amen!
Post a Comment