And may the Good Lord Bless his Ministries.
It seems prayer still upsets some people. Please read....
When Minister Joe Wright was asked to open the new session of the Kansas Senate, everyone was expecting the usual generalities, but this is what they heard;
'Heavenly Father,
We come before you today to ask for your forgiveness
and to seek your direction and guidance.
We know Your Word says, 'Woe to those who call evil good'
But that is exactly what we have done.
We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and reversed our values.
We have exploited the poor
We know Your Word says, 'Woe to those who call evil good'
But that is exactly what we have done.
We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and reversed our values.
We have exploited the poor
And called it the lottery.
We have rewarded laziness
We have rewarded laziness
And called it welfare.
We have killed our unborn
We have killed our unborn
and called it choice.
We have shot abortionists
We have shot abortionists
and called it justifiable.
We have neglected to discipline our children
We have neglected to discipline our children
And called it building self esteem.
We have abused power
We have abused power
And called it politics.
We have coveted our neighbor's Possessions
We have coveted our neighbor's Possessions
And called it ambition.
We have polluted the air with profanity and Pornography
We have polluted the air with profanity and Pornography
And called it Freedom of speech and expression.
We have ridiculed the time Honored values of our Forefathers
We have ridiculed the time Honored values of our Forefathers
And called it enlightenment.
Search us, Oh, God, And know our hearts today;
Cleanse us from every sin
Search us, Oh, God, And know our hearts today;
Cleanse us from every sin
And set us free.
Amen!'
Amen!'
























6 comments:
Praise God Thank you Jesus!!! He said exactly what he should have!
Thank you for sharing that!
In Christ,
Audie
I almost missed this... Amen and Amen! Thank you for posting this amazing and wonderful prayer. It would do us all good to join in with him in saying this prayer! Blessings to you!
Thanks for sharing this Amy!
How's school going for the kiddos? For you?
Praying for all of you!
Sunny
Hey Amy,
I was just updating the Bible Study blog and looked over everyone's comments again and noticed that you never said you wanted to join the study. So I wanted to apologize to you for assuming you did and included your name and url in the list of participants on the Bible Study sight. That was awfully presumptuous of me and I ask for your forgiveness.
I want you to know that I don't want to be falsely "advertising" so I took your name and url off the participants. Again, I apologize for not reading your comment more carefully.
I hope you can forgive me.
Your sister,
Sunny
Wow! What a wonderful, heartfelt, prayer... so glad he spoke every word of it. And, so glad you shared with us today. This has really spoken to me.
Have a great weekend, Amy!
Amy....I found your blog on CWO. I have enjoyed reading about you and your family. I also love boxers! We have a boxer, Shelley and a Boston Terrier, Sam!
When you have time please visit my blog and say hello!
Post a Comment