If you did not go this weekend to see this movie then shame on you....... But wait there is still time for you to catch it. If you loved Flywheel or Facing the Giants by Sherwood Films this one will blow you away. Married or not you have got to see this movie. It is their best yet.
I loved it. God spoke to me about this movie a while back and I was not going to let the devil detour us (me and DH of course) from seeing it.
I don't want to give any details about it away. It is heartwarming and funny, and bring your tissues....... I learned alot about love this weekend....... Please , Please go see this movie and if you just cant You should buy it when it comes on video.
I am buying it, and adding to the collection of Sherwood Films.
God is at work with this church and he is using them to reach millions. Praise Him, He is so good.
God is at work with this church and he is using them to reach millions. Praise Him, He is so good.
The theme of the movie is "Never Leave Your Partner Behind". Marriage is the most important Human relationship there is. Over Parents, Children, Siblings, Friendship and Work. I have a hard time putting it first in my life, always have. And we both suffer because of it.
There has been so many times that I just wanted to give up and call it quits. The part of this movie that really hit me like a ton of bricks was when "Cole" and his dad were talking and he was describing all the things and actions he had taking in the last few weeks to demonstrate his love to his wife and she had totally rejected him...... Spat in his face. And this whole time his dad was walking around him and ended up standing under the Cross. Then his dad basically told him isn't that what you have been doing to God...... He pursues us, Loves us, Blesses us and we spat in his face and reject him. But he never gives up on us. Look at all the chances he gives us.
Even after becoming a Christian, We still turn our back on him, dishonor him by our actions. We don't Thank Him, Praise Him, and Worship Him as we should.
























8 comments:
Beautiful post Amy!
We can't wait to see this movie - we are trying to go this weekend. With 7 children it is not so easy to find sitters. Trusting God to work out those details!
So glad it spoke to your heart!
May His love pour through you to your husband and your marriage grow beyond anything you ever imagined possible!
In His amazing grace,
Jill
PS It all comes down to our unbelief - which I posted about today on Monday Morning Reflections.
Amy-A friend at church on Sunday said it was amazing, as well. I can't wait to go see it! Hope you are doing well after Ike. I still have imprints in my mind of the pix you posted! God Bless,Stacy
I can't wait to see this.
By the way, I am so amazed at how God connects His children...
I'm not sure if you are from NC, but I am and also have followed the blog, "Confessions of a CF Husband" and prayed for this family.
Anyway, I was pretty amazed to see this on your reads. I don't have it listed on my reads, but I do read it. I will add it now. =) And yours as well too! I'm pretty new to this whole blogging experience.
Blessings! Jenn
oh wait a minute...this comment about the blog we follow should be on Jill's too...hehe...I told you I am new to this blog rolling thing!
Amy,
I've been a TERRIBLE "bloggy buddy!" I'm SOOO SORRY it's been so long since I've commented. I've been TRYING to get back into the routine of blogging regularly.
Anyway, I remembered that "someone" left me a message a while back about an award that I needed to pick up and I'm ASHAMED to say that I COMPLETELY forgot. While trying to "revisit" a lot of the ladies I used to visit regularly, I was going through old comments and found it. I guess I just wanted to apologize.. I'm THE BIGGEST AIR-HEAD you will probably EVER meet! (I can totally be in mid-sentence and forget what I was saying.. I keep telling my sister they'll be visiting me in a mental home in just a few years) Maybe it's just all the stress of the past 4 years catching up with me? I mean, I've ALWAYS been "dingy" but NEVER THIS bad!
Anyhow - I just wanted to thank you for your kindness! I hope all is well with you and your sweet family.
LOVE YOU!
Oh, I sooooo want to see this movie! Unfortunately, we don't really have a babysitter, so unless God makes a way, we'll be waiting for it to come out on DVD. Great review and post! God bless!
I can't wait to see this movie!! I LOVE how mainstream media wants to shove it aside as if it is a stupid "faith-pushing" agenda that nobody really wants to see, but you know what? I AM GLAD the movie is doing so well, and I can't wait to support it.
I have heard great things about this movie..as usual our local theatre owner does not like to show the decent movies.. will have to catch it on dvd.. I have enjoyed visiting your blog.
blessings,
debbie
Post a Comment