Monday, September 8, 2008

Take a Hike, IKE!

Last week it was Gustav this week it is Ike..... Can we get a little rest for the weary.
Praise God we didn't end up with any damage from Gustav but this weekend might sing a different toon for the upper Texas coast. I work for my local electric company and we have been having meetings twice a day since yesterday with the State officials and the National Weather Service. Here is what is predicted as of the morning.


With Hurricane Force winds ranging out in a Radius of 75 miles. and Tropical Storm Force winds going to a possible 250 miles out.

Lord knows that Louisiana can't take another hit right now and us here in East Texas are not looking forward what we went though 3 years ago with Hurricane Rita. I my self went with out power at my house for 17 days. That is tough.

Praying for a easy Hit if we have to take the blow......

Will keep you guys updated.

post signature

5 comments:

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

OH Amy~
I'm praying...praying...praying...and praying somemore.

Do keep us posted friend.

Tracy said...

Oh Amy, I'm so hoping and praying that Ike fizzles into a whole lot of nothing. I agree with Kim, please keep us posted so we can pray.

I included you in a little game of tag on my blog before I realized you were dealing with Ike. If you can play along, I'd love it if you do. If you can't, I totally understand. If you're interested check out my "8 Random Things About Me" on my blog.

Praying for you and your family!

Holton Clan said...

Amy I will be praying for you and your family that Ike passes you up or dies out in the Gulf. Lord knows Texas doesn't need another Hurricane.

Unknown said...

Praying here too Amy!

May God wash the storm right back out to sea!

In His amazing grace,
Jill

Tea with Tiffany said...

This is a tough season. I pray the storm passed with the least amount of damage.