Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gustav is Gone.

Not knowing exactly where the Hurricane was going to make landfall we decided to evacuate Saturday afternoon. It is always hard to leave your house behind, but we had each other. It was a blessing to be able to come home this time and Gustav missing us. He came ashore in Louisiana and headed west. We got up Monday morning to head home before the rain bands started. After a long and tiring weekend I am Blessed to be home and to get things back to running order around my house. The called off School on Saturday til Thursday, so the kids are enjoying an extended holiday weekend. But soon it will be back to normal around my house. With 3 more storms to watch this week I will be keeping an eye on them. Although I am not at all ready to up and leave again.
We are getting alot of rain from it and we did get some winds last night (40mph). But still praising the Lord for no devastation.
Pray for all those effected by Gustav. They have alot of cleaning up to do.
I have some pictures from our time away this weekend I will try to get loaded tonight.


post signature

3 comments:

Sunny Shell said...

Thank you for the update sister! I've been praying for everyone in that area...I had no idea you were one of them! I thought you were in TX, like me!

Love you dear sister and look forward to meeting with you again on our Bible Study "A Wife's Biblical Submission".

Praying for you,
Sunny

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad you are home safe and sound!!

Ash leaves for YWAM-Maui on Sept. 7th.....it's fast approaching!!

Take care,
Kim~

Chel said...

I found you by way of searching via women who love women's ministry in their profile. Hello! My family lives in Longview and I attend the Feminar as my uncle is on staff at Macedonia! How funny!
Some other family members are in BA, LA and they are without power etc. I pray they come to Fort Worth and stay with us at least my sister-in-law and her g-babies!
Nice to greet on the e-side.
Chel - An Abiding Branch