Wednesday, September 17, 2008

More on Ike's fury

The last few days have been exhausting. We are working some crazy hours right now and all I can managed to do is that. My house is a wreck and I have no energy to clean it up right now. We are all doing well. School starts back on Monday. Our town is still with out power and there is only one gas station that is full operational. It is so depressing to watch the news. It is just devastating what Ike did here. I live about 70 miles off the coast but there are so many memories there. And they all have been wiped off the beach. Chris was able to find an arial shot of his grandpa's cabin. Before and after. It is gone. You should be able to click on the picture to enlarge it.


Some of the other towns inland from the coast, off the river, had massive flooding and people had to be rescued from roof tops. Homes and businesses were a total loss.

there is even a report of a lion from a local zoo taking shelter with people from Cyrstal Beach in a church....
Pray for all those that were affected by Ike's fury. It will be a long time before things are back to normal in these Texas towns.

post signature

4 comments:

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

WOW...what devastation...I'm still praying friend. :-)

Hang in there.

Tracy said...

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry. This truly is a tragedy. Still praying for you and all those affected. BTW, I heard there was a tiger roaming around with the lion too!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Amy,

I will continue to pray. This is so sad to see.

Take care!
Cheryl

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Amy-I am so sorry. Those pictures are unbelievable! Praying that God will continue strengthening you each day.