What an interesting day it has been. We had Lane's EEG this morning.
A few days ago my SIL Sharon called and offered to go with me to take Lane for the test. Praise God she was so determined to go. I tried to tell her that it would be fine and that she didn't have to go. Both of us would have had to make other plans for the kids to get to school. I just didn't want to bother her with it, I guess. But she was determined to go and it really paid off having her with me.
Have you ever seen a extremely drunk "4 yr. old"? WOW! It was a wild morning. Poor Lane didn't really know what he was doing. To bad I didn't have a video camera.
I knew going into the test that he was going to have to have something to relax him. There was no way that he would lay there with all those leads on his head, and Be Still!
The medicine that was ordered for him made him so woozy and he even got a little aggressive. We tried everything to get him to lay still so he would just Pass Out. He wanted to walk around (himself), sit up, get down, go to walmart, ride in the wheelchair. He was just real irritable. Finally, Sharon was pushing him and I around in the wheelchair, and that was when it happened. I could feel his belly rumbling and we couldn't get him to the trash can quick enough. Lets just say I am glad we all wore Wind Pants today. He was passed out before we could get him cleaned up and in the bed. The rest of the test went well. We got home and he slept until after 2 pm.
It was so funny though, I didn't want him to be worried or anxious about going for the test, so I told him we were going to see how smart he is. His guess was a hundred million thousand sixty. He is almost too smart for his own good.
Over all it went good. The tech was telling us horror stories.
We go back on the 27th for our check appointment.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
A drunken 4 year old
Words of Encouragement By ~Amy~
Labels: Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























No comments:
Post a Comment