Wednesday, July 15, 2009

GodSpeaks, SheSpeaks

I have been excited to go to SheSpeaks in a couple of weeks for a long while now. When I registered I was placed on the waiting list for the speaker evaluation group and didn't worry too much about getting my speech done. Well now that I am in a group I have been fretting on getting it done. I kept steering a way from what was on my heart because it didn't quite follow the guidelines they sent to me. I kept praying for a topic or lesson or just something great from God and He kept directing me back to the original message. I contacted the lady from Proverbs 31 ministry that will be in my eval. group to voice my concerns and PRAISE GOD I can speak whatever God lays on my heart.
This is the first time attending something like this and God forbid I didn't want to mess it up. It isn't about being the best bible teacher, or scholar anyway.
I am now super excited and my nerves are settled. I have been reading some encouraging devos over at Lysa's personal Blog. www.lysaTerKeurst.com

I would love to hear of all the past experiences from those that have attended SheSpeaks before and also who is attending this year. Hope to see you there!

post signature

4 comments:

Susan said...

Hey Amy,

I'm so excited for you! I've never been but I've heard it is just wonderful.

Praying God gives you what you need.

I know you're going to have the time of your life!

Blessings♥

~Amy~ said...

Thanks Susan. I am ready to meet God there!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing opportunity!

debbie said...

Hi, I am attending also this year for the first time. How did you find out who your group leader is for the speaker eval? I am really excited and also preparing my talks. It would be fun to meet you there.
Debbie
In case it doesn't show up, I am Live...from Ninevah. I found you through Heaven's blog.
dgiese85@gmail.com