Monday again, Thank God I made it through the weekend. Friday after work a large group from work went to Laura's Visitation at her Church. It was unbelievable all the people that were there. I was alright until I saw her boys and her husband. I just feel so bad for them. I got to meet her parents and her brother for the first time. Great people. They miss her terribly. Saturday morning was the funeral. That was very difficult. There were so many people there. I am guessing about 2000. Their Church will seat about 1400 and there was loads in the balcony and standing room only. It was a very lifting service as well as a tribute to her life. It lasted over a hour and then majority of them went to the cemetery as well.
I woke up in the early hours of Saturday morning to use the restroom and realized I had an UTI. So I was uncomfortable during the services. But I made it home close to 2 p.m. I didn't do a thing all day. Chris had plans to take the kids and a group of their friends Bowling that evening. It worked out well with just Lane and I being at home. Since I have been having trouble sleeping we went to bed by 8 p.m.
Sunday morning I woke with pains from the UTI and also a terrible sinus headache. By late afternoon, I was able to kick my family in gear to help clean up the heaping piles of junk throughout my house. It was one hell of a week and I didn't do crap. As a result, it took all 6 of us to get it close to normal yesterday. I still didn't get my Christmas decorations put up, maybe this weekend.
Maybe this week we will be able to get back to normal routines at work. I have a call into my pastor to set up a time to meet with him. I just really need to get spiritual guidance through all this. I don't want to loose my grip with my faith and the enemy has really been doing a number with some unanswered questions and thoughts. I know I will never know "WHY" but I just need to talk with him.
We all need to call
On God’s holy power
When we’re in our deepest need
And in our saddest hour
God is never distant
He sheds a tear with you
He knows the pain your feeling
And what you’re going through
When you place your hope
In His undying love
You will know His peace
Like a mighty rushing flood.
© By M.S.Lowndes























1 comment:
I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. My heart goes out to her boys and her family. Brent and the boys had fun bowling with Chris and all the kids. The boys are already talking about when they can do it again.
Post a Comment