So our school district is going to start doing Drug/Alcohol testing for 7-12th graders who are basically in any extra-curricular activities (Band, sports, cheer leading, etc. ) and also if you drive your own vehicle to and from school. It will be done to all students (in that group) at the beginning of the Year and random through out the year. I personally think it is a great idea. Parents of students who won't be in the random pick can Opt them in to it. Both my older kids are at the age and are eligible for testing. Heck they even think it is a great idea. Maybe it will get some drug and users out of the schools. Drugs in the schools is awful. Pills, weed, meth, coke, it is everywhere. I pray for my kids to steer from addiction all the time. The Temptations, the pressures........ and Sex is just as bad. It is like a sport to them. Almost a competition. How many partners in a short amount of time with what ever drugs and liquor.... It is just crazy. I think about all the things I have been through and there is no way I could have dealt with all these pressures. It scares me when I think about what I was doing at their age and it isn't a drop in the bucket with what some kids around here are doing.... We are open and honest with our kids and they have seen first hand the result of drug and/or alcohol addiction. Heck, I am even open with them that I was a teenage mom. But I also share the fact that I am not a good example of how the majority turn out. The lord has truly blessed me.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























No comments:
Post a Comment