Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Buzz, what Buzz?

I need to get a new alarm clock so bad. After 9 years, the one I have just doesn't cut it anymore. More and more during the week I don't even hear it going off. Like this morning, I woke up at 7:15. That is what time I leave the house! With 4 kids to drop off at 4 different locations before I go to work, I just hope everyone was completely dressed. I do have to say that usually on mornings like that I get in a horrible mood, but today I wasn't so bad.
I took Dustin to see the surgeon yesterday afternoon. He will be having surgery on Friday afternoon. He is ready for life to get back to normal, what ever that is. It will be out patient and we will be able to come home that evening. Hopefully this is it for him. Poor guy, he has been through a lot and missed so much school and we are only in the 4th week. I totally missed out on Open House last night. Being at the Dr with Dustin I wasn't able to make it back in time to go to Lauren's or Wes's Open House at school. They are both doing very well in school so I am not concerned with that, but I haven't had the chance to meet all their teachers yet. Finally get home last night, I wasn't even out of the car when DH is hollering for my help. He wanted me to help put some metal thingies on Bike. It hasn't been rode in a while and he just got some new parts in for it. That is not what i wanted to be doing. Although we got it done together and didn't even fight.
Awana's is tonight. Woo-hoo! I love going to church on Wed. nights. I don't have to cook. We have a meal ministry at our church and we have dinner every Wed. night before services start. Maybe this week won't be so unorganized. Last week was the 1st time for classes so there was confusion going on. We had 99 in attendance last week for Awana, 69 kids and 30 workers. Wow that was great for our 1st week.
Here is a little devotional I wrote to put in our Women's Ministry Newsletter. Hope you enjoy it!

Is Jesus Your Ant?

Philippians 4:13I can do all things through Christ, which strengtheneth me.

As I was sitting on my porch watching the red birds, something caught my eye. I could see a white moth moving across the pavement. It appeared to be floating, but I realized that an ant was carrying it. One single, tiny ant hauling a moth close to 20 X’s its own size. The ant was so careful to balance and keep a hold on the moth. It was then, I thought about how weak I truly am. God created every living thing, with humans being his masterpiece. He made ants small, but strong. They can gracefully haul around objects that are up to 50 X’s their own weight. Compared to ants we are weak and helpless. We struggle to drag around all our garbage everyday. Eventually we run out of energy, trip up and fall. Jesus did not intend for us to be so strong. He wants us to depend on him. He has already taken our troubles to the cross on Calvary. We need to have faith in him, trust him, and ask forgiveness. Ask him for the help to carry our load. If we will allow him to, he will carry us as the ant did the moth.
Praise Jesus!!!

No comments: