Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Quit whispering in my ear!

Our first official Women's Bible Class starts this Sunday evening and I am the leader/teacher of the group. I can't really say that I will be the "Teacher", because I need to be Taught just as much as anyone else attending the group. The Lord lead me to do this and I know this is a "God Thing" but I am just so nervous. What if I say something wrong to hurt someones feeling?What if I don't measure up? you know all the negative thought that the enemy whispers in your ear to make you want to quit or give up. Any way I thought the thing for me to do was to put what i wanted to say on paper. That way i could stay on track and not forget anything. Sometimes I have something to say and get so far off track that i forget what I was talking about in the 1st place. So here it is:
Welcome everyone
Announce about Prayer Request Sheet, Then about Sheet for sign up for Refreshments, And Pass out “All about Me Sheets.”, Pass out the Books
Have Prayer.
“Who is stressed out and feeling like they are running nowhere in every direction?”
How about Your Schedule, Your Kids Schedule, Work, (in or outside the home), Taking care of children, or grandchildren or maybe even a parent Are you over committed.
I know that we are all at different places in our lives but we all can relate to this class in someway.
We need to prioritize our time spent:
A good starting point is listing these in order:
First, Your relationship with God
Then Your Marriage Relationship,
Then Parent/Child Relationship
And then comes your career, friendships, and others.
When I get overwhelmed and things are not going well it is usually because I have neglected my time with God.

Read Matthew (6:33)
Are you letting your hectic life take priority over putting God FIRST in your life?
Begin your day in the word and in Prayer. It takes real commitment and effort. You will find that you will be less frazzled, discouraged or frustrated through out your day.
Now who needs The busy women’s guide to prayer?
For some people it is a challenge to squeeze in time for prayer.
God delights in hearing from us, Not just in the morning or before bed but all throughout the day.
The scriptures say in Psalms 40:1 and 34:15, He “INCLINES HIS EAR” and is “OPEN TO HEAR” my prayers.
Remember that your short prayers can have a big impact, too.
Here are ways to Begin Building a Life of Continuous Prayer:
(you can write these if you like)
1- Start with prayer and praise before getting out of bed. Do it before you get distracted.
2- If you walk or exercise in the mornings or any time of day, challenge your self to pray the entire time.
3- Pray while you are driving, Washing Dishes, Gardening, or taking a shower.
There are things around you that can CUE you to pray.
1- Passing up the schools, hospitals, a neighbor’s house, or Getting over for the passing emergency vehicles.
With visual cues to prompt you, all your daily activities become ways to start a conversation with God.
PRAY ON THE SPOT:
Whenever you clock in at work- as for him to prepare your workday.
If a friend ask you to pray for something- Pray with them right then.
Passing a stranger in Wal-Mart- Pray for that person or their family.
Everyone Needs Prayer.
E.M. Bounds, a 19th Century Pastor said, “Your prayers will out live your life.”
Long after your address has changed to heaven, the short prayers you have said will still be blessing those you have prayed for.
For those who are married:
Work on your marriage relationship
Remember the commandment of “Love thy neighbor as yourself”
Well your husband is your closest neighbor.
How easy is it to say, “I’ll work on my marriage when life calms down, Well life never calms down NOURISH YOUR MARRIAGE NOW.
I am not talking about expensive weekend get a ways, or nights out on the town.
Set up a simple “Date” of your choice once a week. Things like a walk alone after dinner, eat lunch together, have your morning coffee together, It does not take something expensive just mark the calendar or it will not happen.
IF you do not already… you need to pray together and for each other daily. Have you ever heard-A family that prays together stays together.
Next is your parent- child relationship:
Are you overwhelmed by your kid’s schedule? – Tired of being the taxi driver and not having enough family time.
Here are some ideas to tame your Schedule.
Put a magnetic calendar on the fridge with a dry erase marker. Jot down all the families activities on it.
This is a good way for you to plan ahead and also to see when you or the kids are on OVERLOAD.
Limit the number of activities for you and the kids. Like one extra curricular activity per season or semester.
Plan meals ahead for the week, Cook ahead and freeze the meals, or make casseroles, use the crock pot during the day, or just eat left overs. This will leave extra time for family, homework or just relaxing.
Pass out the The Great American Supper Swap
This is a great idea
Read Proverbs 22:6
It is great for children to be involved but we need to determine the needs of our children.
Are they over committed?
What impact will these activities have on their schoolwork or our family time?
Remember that More isn’t Necessarily Better.
Now for our Job or Career or Relationships with friends and others.
I am not going to cover too much on your job. If you work out side the home Just, remember that family comes first. And try to leave the job stress there when you leave for the day.
Friend relationships:
It is good for us to have Healthy relationships with other women
But we need to be careful getting caught up in gossip or “drama”
Pick a time during the month or over the weekend that is good for both of you and it does not take away from your family time.
I, myself do not have many girlfriends. I do however have 2 best friends, but they live in the Houston area. We talk often but do not see each other much. That kind of helps because I really do not have a lot of time on my hands. I try to call them while driving, or in the evening while, cooking or when the kids are getting bathes. You know the “Kill 2 Birds with 1 Stone” saying…..
In closing, This will be a little different from other bible studies we have done. Your book homework will be quick and to the point. But it makes you dig and evaluate your life. There will be a lot of time in here for discussion, (if needed we can break into smaller groups)
We are also going to be doing some neat little projects or activities throughout these next few weeks.
Questions or comments


Ok there it is Of course the Red is what I will be saying.
Feedback on this would be great.

1 comment:

Trish Berg said...

Hey, I just found your great blog!

You meniotned my book The Great American Supper Swap - Thanks!

I have a Q & A going on about supper swapping at my blog, if any moms out there want more infomration, you can go to www.simplifyingmotherhood.blogspot.com

If you are interested in hosting a blook tour for me on you rblog, I'd be happy to offer 1 FREE book as a prize...just let me know via my website contact page.

Blessings, Trish Berg
www.TrishBerg.com